- As talked about in a previous blog, the creation and editing of a website using Weebly.com.
- Finding and assessing the numerous Web2.0 tools available to find which tools would be appropriate for a Food Technology lesson.
- Learning to use the different Web2.0 tools I chose to incorporate into my lessons, e.g. Prezi, SpicyNodes, Wordle, etc.
- Creating meaningful learning tasks around the Web2.0 tools.
Learning to use some of the tools was difficult at times. I created a Prezi presentation as a part of a lesson in the website. This was a fun yet challenging process, I enjoyed learning how to create a fun presentation but it also took me a awhile to get used to the controls and tools within the program. One of the benefit of using Prezi with a class is that it is all online and you are not required to download any additional software. The instructions are easy to follow even if the controls take some getting used to and applications of the product are numerous, e.g. presentations, speeches, demonstrations, portfolios and more.
Creation of meaningful, quality tasks is something that I struggle with. the use of Web2.0 tools has helped me to create deeper meaning in tasks for my classes. I do believe that the use of these tools is a great way to get a class active in their learning. Research and investigation feature heavily in my tasks and I have tried to incorporate many quality learning experiences as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment